Tuesday, February 12, 2008

It's Here!!

Ladies and Gents we have our first official cycling news of the year! I am now registered for my first two races! The first on March 29th is Hillsboro-Roubaix. Its not remotely as hard as Paris-Roubaix but I think there is some pavé as you roll through town. I can vividly see myself losing my breakfast very early on this race since I've never done a road race before and have ZERO confidence with this kind of ride. I'm going into it with the purpose of just having fun and seeing what I can do and how road races are.

The second is a little more up my alley, Rock Cut Challenge (I think thats the name). This will be the first MTB race of the season. Their justification for holding it so early is so they don't clash with the WORS series. This should be a fun time since all the heavy hitters will be out there shaking off the winter cobwebs. Like most non-WORS races there is no Comp class and there is no way in hell I'm racing elite. I guess I'm stuck with the Sport class again who don't seem to understand the concept of trail etiquette! God forbid anybody should pass you while you cough up a lung, idiot.

On another note Zach, Mike, Jason and I hit up a spin class on Sunday. With a high of 9 deg. there was no way in hell we were going to do a club ride. The spin class was fun but kinda brutal since the instructor focused in on us since we were wearing kits and the only cyclists in the class. It was great for strength training but not even close to a real world scenario. Those classes are a great way to destroy your knees, but in a fun way. After some spinning I took the guys up to Argyle for some food and then on to Chiu Quon Bakery. We bought some cheap baked goods (great egg custard) and Mike found it necessary to purchase a "pork cookie", no joke. I"m still waiting on the review of that one.

No comments: