Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Motivation

Ever since the start of spring my motivation to ride has steadily gone downhill. The biggest reason is simply my yearly allergy attacks. When the pollen comes out I literally go through 2 months of hell which no medication can curb. Even if I did get out and ride I would be at a major deficit because of how messed up my sinuses are. I feel another factor is that I rode so much through the winter my body has decided that this is break time and not go fast time, kinda sad. There is a WORS race this weekend but according to Ben it may not happen due to the weather. If it does I'm just going to ride it like a hard training ride, just kinda sit back and work on some things.

Not much visual progress on the bike yet. Spent last night working on the seat and headlight. I'm waiting on a small part to get the tranny back together and then I can pretty much button up the bottom end and concentrate on the frame and brackets. More pics will be posted once I get the tank on.

4 comments:

Hemme said...

There will be a race on Sunday, this race will be fun, and you will have fun going. Thats all the motivation you need.

Palos is closed for a few weeks to dry out. rain sucks. i cant take much more of the dreary path, must - have - sun

Jason Henry said...

Looks like it's going to be a great weekend.

trim w/ hate; ease w/ love said...

i'm alergic to people... that makes it a little hard for me to stay motivated.

may dad, on the other hand, is alregic to florida... it's probably best the 2 of you don't meet.

Doctor Who said...

Have you given Zyrtec a try? It's the only thing that works to curb the itchy eyes and sneezing. However, Zyrtec, and most other antihistamines don't do anything for the mucous membranes in the nose. For that, you need a cortisteroid such as Flonase (or generic equivalent). If you remember, I was absolutely miserable with the allergies, but I went to the doc and got a re-up of the Flonase (and a short-duration steroid to reduce sinal swelling).

I now feel amazing. I can give you a recommendation of doctor if you need.