Thursday, May 29, 2008

Weekend


As usual I don't have much going on right now except for work and the bike. This past weekend was a nice little break from the norm. "Summer Camp" opened up at a fellow employees house in my old neighborhood. Leyla and I cruised down there with a nice supply of New Glarus and some Salt Cod Fritters I cooked up for the event (the theme was small plates). Well, needless to say the party was a blast, but what happens when you get to many kitchen people together at a party? You got it, drinking games. The ChoBlo has a signature game we like to play called Flippy Cup and of course chaos ensued. I hate to brag but I have to say I haven't lost my touch! But one thing I did learn is that cycling has dropped my beer tolerance to almost nill. Leyla took over my spot and represented very well indeed. Check my Flickr page for more shots.

In motorcycle news, we are sooooo close to being done. I don't know why but nobody in this city has any oil lines in stock! Other than that I need to time the mag and mount the exhaust. I'm also waiting on a little expansion pin that holds the kicker arm in place. Monday I spent till 2am wiring the bike, hopefully right! We'll just have to wait and see on that one. If all goes as planed I should be able to kick it over next week!!!! Prepare to read a ton of posts on how the engine won't fire.

3 comments:

John Bowers said...

This pic was clearly taken in the home of a professional!

Hemme said...

Salt cod fritters. That sounds all sorts of delicious.

Celia said...

Yummy... and I had crackers and cheese for lunch.