Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm Back!

After all the complaining I've been doing about no motivation, yesterday knocked some sense back into me! Ben and I hoped in the car around 9am and headed out to Palos for a little trail riding. Ben claimed his legs were sore from a ride the day before but I've that non-sense before! He left the route up to me and I decided to do some sections that Jason had shown me 2 weeks before. The had just recently been cleared and was rolling very fast. The trail is not very technical but real fast and flowing, the fact we didn't see another person was perfect. After taking the canal trail we hooked up with a rocky gully that took us back up to the main trail system. We hammered down my favorite section and the back up the hill to the car.

This all may sound very simple and easy for a training ride. What mattered about that ride was that it reminded me why I looooove riding trails so much! Thanks Ben for a great ride, and the White Castle "reward" was just perfect! Short post for a very momentous occasion.

1 comment:

Ben said...

yeah, it defiantly put the word pleasure back in pleasure cruise! I know I've told you about dead legs before, but i think Sunday I wasn't lying too much.