Monday, June 23, 2008

Sorry!

I have been seriously slacking on my posts up here. As you can imagine I've been spending 100% of my free time locked in the dungeon that is the old gutted post office. But it has all finally paid off! Last night I took the bike out for its first trouble free run!! I had it out Saturday for a bike show but I ended up blowing my chain off and ripping my oil pump in half, so that was not a good ride. The bike ended up puking oil everywhere and I had to ride home with a slick rear tire. Needless to say I went very slow. I will post some proper pics of the finished bike (not painted yet) when I get it outside.

In other news we have finally experienced the Puerto Rican week in our neighborhood. All I can say is that next year we are taking a vacation that week! It was nuts, cops, honking, music and lots of yelling and this was all hours of the day. We were taking care of John's dog Henry and he didn't know what to make of any of it. Luckily he is very calm and took the whole thing in stride, it also doesn't hurt to have a pit bull with you when that many sketchy people are around! I don't know how many people asked us if we wanted to breed him! Morons.

2 comments:

Ben said...

We used to get a ton of that in Humbolt Park with Molly, not so much anymore, but every week or so someone will make a comment about how it is a "shame" she is fixed.

julie said...

slacker. register for the palos race already!